Wednesday, May 24, 2006

That's life

Got a message from this friend. She has delivered a baby boy! I don’t remember anything about her that is not impish. Now that kid has got a kid of her own. Amazing.

I wonder how the new kid would find his life. He has got a contender in his own mother. I can visualize the kid and his mother fighting for toys and chocolates, conspiring mischievous deeds together, etc. I am sure the dad is going to have one hell of a time managing the two brownies.

Thought bubbles. Flashback. Sweet old college days. Our department suddenly woke up from its tiresome modus operandi and decided to have some fun by getting a bit sociable. We called out for an inter-college meet – Icon.

After a series of rapid adventures and misadventures, we reached the final day of the first edition of Icon. This particular friend of mine was handed over the responsibility to make the valedictory speech of the meet. She possessed the best diction and pronunciation among us and above all, she wasn’t scared of addressing a bunch of nerds. Surprisingly, I was handed over the job of composing the speech. I have heard people saying that my scripts are not too nauseous. But, I always had this doubt that they made such statements just to pass me on the boring job of penning bizarre proses that they prefer to avoid.

I decided to be dramatic and wrote the opening sentence sounding something like – “We feel like a proud mother watching her triumphant son... blah... blah...”. Well, I thought that it was a nice (though out dated) analogy to express our joy on the success of Icon.

The moment she read the statement she screamed “Gadha. Ullu kahin ka. How dare you though that I would mouth such a statement? Like I am the mother of a kid... Sheesh...”. Well, I deserved that compliment for doing what none was ready to do – to script that goddamned speech. I promptly rephrased my marvellous opening statement to a duller one.

Now, that very girl is the mother of a kid. Amazing, isn’t it?

12 Comments:

Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

wow..that was a good one to read..guess the initial sentence was nice...lol

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:52:00 PM  
Blogger Susmita said...

she completed a full circle... :)

Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:21:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

Kavya,

I too thought so. But, my friend wouldn't agree.

Susmita,

Welcome to my blog.
She did complete a full circle.

Friday, May 26, 2006 5:45:00 AM  
Blogger Kavya Mohan said...

hmmmm...why did your friend not agree..anyways..

Friday, May 26, 2006 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Inder said...

She thought it was a crappy statement :(

Monday, May 29, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger Preethi said...

I just looooooved this post.. too much of memories and love for a friend filled in this.. Seriously.. :)

Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:50:00 AM  
Blogger Preethi said...

And yes.. thanks for dropping by!

Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:50:00 AM  
Blogger Life Lover said...

OMG, this friend of yours reminds me of myself in college! :p newayz, nice post :)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 2:04:00 PM  
Blogger Inder said...

smiling girl,
thank you :)

life lover,
is it? that is nice to know.
thanks for dropping by. i almost forgot that i own this blog too :)

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 7:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

Saturday, February 03, 2007 10:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Inder!!
Nice to read your little story. Thats the way life goes, you can never be a kid all along. At some point, people would really expect mature things from you.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 2:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site 1961 oldsmobile production voice over ip voip broadband phone myvoipsecrets.com Song hosting free web host 21 mortgage georgia stcfc paxil fluoxetine voice over ip blaster Oral dental surgery Spiewak shirt Audi conferencing Immediate online marketing

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 12:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home